Why Designations Matter When Choosing Home Builders
When it comes to choosing craftsmen and home remodelers for your construction and renovation projects, it helps if you choose professionals who have designations and credentials. Since you’re making a major investment into your home, you should protect your interest and your home by hiring the most qualified professionals you can find. Hiring professional builders and remodelers who hold designations can improve the quality and accuracy of services you receive.
Professional with Designation Work Adhere to Higher Standards
Professionals who have taken the time to earn designations hold themselves to a higher level of ethics and craftsmanship. They work to continuously hone their skills and expertise to ensure they know the best industry practices, standards and building methods. They are members of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). With over 140,000 members, this organization provides ongoing instruction and opportunities so that its members can also further their knowledge and skills by earning designations in over 15 areas, including:
- Certified Master Green Professional
- Certified Graduate Builder
- Certified Aging in Place Specialists
- Certified Building Envelope Professional
Benefits of Hiring Builders with Designations
Here are a few reasons why you should only hire home remodelers in Northern VA who have designations and credentials for your next remodeling or construction project.
- Building codes change every few years. Building professionals who hold designations are more likely to stay abreast of the latest codes and regulations and adhere to them in their construction projects.
- Professional builders who belong to the NAHB can help homeowners overcome many of the challenges and confusion they encounter during the construction process. When it comes to choosing materials, designs and other resources for projects, builders can recommend the best products to help make your home a more appealing and better functioning place.
When it comes to buying a new home or making improvements to an older one, hire professional remodelers with designations to see the biggest return on investment. For more information on professional builders or to get an estimate for your next renovation project, contact the builders at Craftsman Construction.
QUESTIONS? CALL US