If you are ready to build a new home, chances are good you have some design ideas in mind. Working with a custom builder can give you the opportunity to have input for a house that fits your vision. Do you know some of the new options that are gaining popularity in new construction? Here are 5 trends that are gaining popularity for 2016.
- Open Wide. Open floor plans have come and gone over the past few decades, but they are back again, and for good reason. Having a combined kitchen and living space allows a family to spend more time together in a comfortable and relaxed way. Large picture windows can further enhance a less structured floor plan but allowing more sunlight and beautiful views to frame a room.
- Go with the Flow. Home builders can help you make the most of your area with better design and function. You don’t need a lot of square footage to have a sense of room; you just need a good floor plan that does not waste space. Designs are building on the concept of clever use of small spaces and adapting it to larger structures.
- In Your Court. Courtyards and front entrances are emphasized this year as way to start unwinding before you ever step in the door. They provide an element of invitation as well as adding to the sense that you have indeed entered the king’s castle.
- Now You’re Cooking. Outdoor kitchens continue to be trendy and are a great way to add function to your backyard deck or patio. Homeowners can work with builders to design space that works both for meal preparation and as another option for entertaining friends and family.
- Hose off. People are opting for large walk-in showers more than ever as they realize how relaxing and function they can be. They use less water than giant soaking tubs and are perfect for families and people who want to age in place.
If you would like more information about these and other trends in new house construction, contact the professionals at Craftsman Construction ideas for your home design.